What We Do
What Can ICO Do For You?
ICO provides management systems that have assisted over 60 initiatives to operate in 15 countries around the world, providing over $1.5M of support without taking one penny to fund the organization or the volunteers, whose hard work drives us.
Together, we are friends working together; start the conversation today and tell ICO what you want. Let’s start the relationships today that will build the communities of tomorrow. Begin your ICO community here.
To form an ICO community today all you need are 3 people who share ICO’s core values of friends working together to reduce poverty and advance education!
Once you have your community, tell us what you want and how we can help. ICO will provide the systems, process and people to support your community to pursue the projects and goals that are important to you.
We can connect you with the knowledge from and experts who run other ICO initiatives or work with you to come up with a sustainable project proposal that is unique to your community.
Our Vision Statement
Friends working together can harness the power of innovative ideas; through the common goals of communities and volunteers around the world, ICO develops processes and community-led initiatives to advance education and reduce poverty.
Our Approach - Volunteers and Transparency
The ICO Difference:
100% volunteer + 100% transparent + 100% online management
= 100% of donations to Initiatives!
Getting Results - Organizing and Managing
In order for us to achieve what we have, we must use a unique approach to organizing and managing, chaordic management.
Learn more about how we build chaordic processes and teams and how they work here.
SO WHAT EXACTLY HAVE WE DONE?
- Victoria: the first zero barrier "Wet House" in BC and the second in North America--a residential facility that provides homes for 24 of our fellow citizens who have multiple issues of homelessness, mental health and addiction
- Rwanda: Enough metal roof to protect sleeping quarters and capture clean drinking water in a 60L tank, eliminating the hauling of dirty river water. Fuel efficient, smoke-free stoves, which reduce epidemic respiratory disease and require 60% less wood. Creating raised-bed gardens, which allow families to grow vegetables year round and enables them to purchase National health insurance and purchase materials, such as blankets, cooking pots and hoes
- Rwanda: Over 10,000 stoves produced in Rwanda by the community--with an average of roughly 5.5 people per home, that is over 55, 000 people reached
- Guatemala: Stoves for Health is been operating in, with and through the San Pedro community
- ICO has funded or collaborated on education and educational support programs in Nepal, San Antonio and San Pedro, Guatemala, Ghana, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Mali, Zimbabwe
- Sponsored students from San Antonio, Guatemala for post-secondary; supporting computer education programs in Nepal
- Nepal: Farm Mechanization: facilitated the introduction of sythe technology in the village of Surkhet, Nepal. and sponsored the purchase of a tractor and cementing permanent irrigation ditches in the village of Lahachowk, Nepal.
- Rwanda: the initiatives in the community of Kibogora, Rwanda began with helping widows improve their homes and has grown to include eco-stoves, composting toilets, community gardens, beekeeping businesses and washable, reusable menstrual pads
- Nepal: the project in Nepal began with the scythe and has evolved into kilometers of irrigation ditches, a tractor and internet education courses
Together, we are friends working together;
Please say Hello--tell us what you want and how we can help.
Let’s start the relationships today that will build the communities of tomorrow.
Begin your ICO community now!
Begin your ICO community now!